Solar panel doesn’t work?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
stevebarratt75
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a set up that includes a pro 3 floodlight camera with no access to power. Today I brought a solar panel and fitted to the wall but am having issues I am struggling to get answers too

1. when I first connected it the battery was at 80% and the device went offline and gave the ‘doesn’t work while charging’ message. 

2. I then took the camera down and charged it fully, reconnected the solar panel and now get no indication it has anything connected. When I log into control panel it keeps popping up an error message ‘unable to charge battery, connect a compatible charger’

so im a bit lost on what is actually happening or supposed to happen. 

any ideas/advice? The battery icon in the app just looks grey like a normal device not connected to any kind of power 

IMG_0754.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4
stevebarratt75
Aspirant
Aspirant

And now in the iOS app it’s showing the ‘camera and light are disabled while charging’ message

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you're using the wrong solar panel which has a microUSB connector. You need to use the one with the magnetic connection:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMA5600-20000S.html

If it's a 3rd party panel, all bets are off.

stevebarratt75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I’m using the correct one, has magnetic connector. I also have a floodlight cam on the garage with access to power and it’s same magnetic connector as that. 

Currently I’m able to use the camera but the battery is just going down as normal. So it’s really not doing anything other than cause issues 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suppose it could be a faulty panel so swapping at the store may be the fastest resolution. Make sure both parts of the magnetic connection are clean.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation