Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ozitek
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi just purchased the pro 3 flood light and would like to purchase the solar charging panel within couple of months. Now I’m getting someone to mount the flood light cam on the wall tomorrow but at the same time I want him to be able to drill the holes for the solar thing so I can mount it easily once I have it but I can’t find any info on the measurements/ size etc of the wall mount/plate would someone be able to get this for me?
4 REPLIES 4
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Ozitek wrote:
Hi just purchased the pro 3 flood light and would like to purchase the solar charging panel within couple of months.

Sorry, no idea if Arlo has come up with yet another mount size for the VMA5600. But I have the VMA3600 solar panel. (Not great with the large batteries in the floodlight, mine struggles to charge a camera.)

When I installed it, the screw holes were the same spacing as those on the Outdoor Security Mount (VMA1000). It may even be the same thing. Sadly, Arlo's documentation is silent on the issue.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Ozitek
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks yea support is not that great as well I didn’t know there was another solar product now I’m not sure if the one I mentioned works with pro 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Ozitek wrote:
Thanks yea support is not that great as well I didn’t know there was another solar product now I’m not sure if the one I mentioned works with pro 3

It should say in the literature. The difference is in the USB connector. Micro-usb or magnetic.

The pro 3 flood light has a magnetic connection. I have mine on a mains adapter.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ozitek wrote:
I didn’t know there was another solar product now I’m not sure if the one I mentioned works with pro 3

I didn't see the post where you mentioned the model, so I'm puzzled by that.

The VMA5600 is the only panel Arlo makes for the Pro 3.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation