Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solar Panel Charger (VMA6500) wont charge Floodlight 3

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Alweinbrom
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought the solar panel charger and connected it to the Floodlight about 6 days ago. It still does not show that it is charging in the app, and the floodlight is continuing to lose battery. Please help
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked and cleaned the contacts on both the panel cable and the camera? It's also possible it's a bad panel which swapping at the store would fix.

Alweinbrom
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the reply. I tried to clean the connectors and still no charging. I think I will just have to return this one
Indigo17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Did you place the solar panel where you receive sunlight vs just daylight? I have two of these and just having it outside aiming it the best you can is not sufficient without being in the path of where the sun shines. The one I have where the sun shines charges 4-10% a day and the one hanging from my gable on the opposite side of my house does not get a charge (This is also the side we can't grow plants on due to lack of direct sunlight). We are going to try and move the camera and panel around to the side of my house to see if that is sufficient for a charge, otherwise we will have to return that one.

Indigo17
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's been almost a month since I moved the solar around to the side of my house. It now is in the path of sunlight and it's amazing! It actually does better than my other one now. It is staying at 100% almost all the time now, while my other one is more like 95-96% (in dreary New England in December). Before the Solar I was going down 3-8% a day due to activity. Definitely look into where the path of the sun shines and don't just place it outside thinking that is enough. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation