Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ben135
Guide
Guide

Having issues with my set up. 

I have 4 floodlight cameras.

2 Wi-Fi Direct 

2 connected to the smart hub (for CVR)

The Wi-Fi Direct cameras smart notification notify me immediately when the motion is detected. However the cameras connected to the smart hub notify me with a delay from 20

mins to 2 hours. Or when it detects another motion it shows me a previous motion which it failed to notify.

Also sometimes it won’t even notify me of smart motion at all with one specific camera.

i feel the cloud struggles with cameras connected to the hub. I go through my CVR timeline and can see smart motion marked with the green line/icon yet it hasn’t pushed these motions to my device. Also to note when stored locally all motion detection is recorded but not pushed to my device or in the library. 

Why should I be paying for these subscriptions if they are not working seamlessly? Please help me fix this arlo. 
I am slowly reaching the end of my patience with these teething issues. 

16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Odd - almost all my devices are connected to a hub and notify pretty quickly. Have you tried removing the cameras from your account and add them back?

Ben135
Guide
Guide

I removed it and re added it and now it seems more responsive to notify me regarding motion.

However there are some smart notifications which save locally (mainly the more important ones) and not all to the cloud. Why is this? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ben135 wrote:

However there are some smart notifications which save locally (mainly the more important ones) and not all to the cloud. Why is this? 

Smart notifications are only supposed to affect notifications.  Recordings should still be made even if the smart notifications are off.

If you use activity zones, then local recordings will still be saved for out-of-zone recordings, as this determination is being done by the Arlo cloud.

If you are seeing other local recordings that aren't in the cloud, then it is possible there is a network connection issue between the smarthub and the Arlo cloud.  Or of course a bug of some kind.

Ben135
Guide
Guide

My smart notifications are always on.

The short smart notification recordings are saved via the hub to a usb locally and also to the cloud, however not every recording is saved to the cloud, as I see more smart notification footage locally on the usb than the cloud.  Also the cloud footage sometimes some of them have frozen and the sound plays but it does not match the video (Eg you hear the door open and close but the video does not replicate that)

The Hub has a wire connection so I know there isn't an issue there, how do I fix this connection issue between the cloud and my Hub?

Also I am having an on going issue with my cameras that are connected to the Hub only intermittently dropping and I have an orange flashing light on the hub? Which means a connection drop between the cameras and the hub. This then is a total inconvenience due to the CVR which I pay for (2 cameras) drops out and 3 of my 6 cameras are then offline. Defeats the point of a security system if the go randomly offline.

A temporary fix is restarting the Hub then she seems happy until it happens again. My cameras connected Wifi direct work seamlessly.

Please assist further with this as I am not happy that half my security system is going offline with he times ranging from 5 mins to a couple hours.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ben135 wrote:

Also the cloud footage sometimes some of them have frozen and the sound plays but it does not match the video (Eg you hear the door open and close but the video does not replicate that)

The Hub has a wire connection so I know there isn't an issue there, how do I fix this connection issue between the cloud and my Hub?

Also I am having an on going issue with my cameras that are connected to the Hub only intermittently dropping and I have an orange flashing light on the hub? Which means a connection drop between the cameras and the hub. This then is a total inconvenience due to the CVR which I pay for (2 cameras) drops out and 3 of my 6 cameras are then offline. Defeats the point of a security system if the go randomly offline.

A temporary fix is restarting the Hub then she seems happy until it happens again. My cameras connected Wifi direct work seamlessly.

What is your typical internet upload speed?  (you can measure this with speedtest.net).

Also, how many bars of signal are you seeing for each camera?

@Ben135 wrote:

Please assist further with this

Note this is a user-to-user forum, and I don't work for Arlo.  You might want to use phone support - make sure you access that through the app.  Googling for a phone number almost always leads to a scam support site.

Ben135
Guide
Guide

Thank you for taking the time out to assist. 

my DL is 950mbps and UL is 500mbps.

The cameras connected to the hub signal strength are all strong.

its always the amber flashing in the hub which implies it’s a connection between the hub and cameras and it always seems to be all 3 hub connected cameras go offline. The newest camera being as of the weekend.  

The furthest camera away is Wi-Fi Direct and never fails me. 

does anyone from Arlo speak up in here at all? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ben135 wrote:

does anyone from Arlo speak up in here at all? 

The mods (who do work for Arlo) will sometimes respond.  

@Ben135 wrote:

my DL is 950mbps and UL is 500mbps.

Which of course is more than enough.

Still there is some evidence of loss on the base->cloud connection (local recordings being ok, and cloud recordings being corrupted).

How many cameras are connected to the base?  I am wondering if it is possibly overloaded, in part due to the two CVR cameras.

Ben135
Guide
Guide

Yes I agree the local recordings seem ok and it’s hit and miss with cloud recordings, either they are corrupt and/or not all are saving to the cloud. Hence there being more recordings locally stored. 

3 cameras are connected to the base station, 

2 floodlight pro 3

1 ultra 2

With the floodlights both being CVR as well. 

The overloaded hypothesis could be true, however, I would have thought the hardware could cope as Arlo offer the subscription service? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ben135 wrote:

Yes I agree the local recordings seem ok and it’s hit and miss with cloud recordings, either they are corrupt and/or not all are saving to the cloud. Hence there being more recordings locally stored. 

3 cameras are connected to the base station, 

2 floodlight pro 3

1 ultra 2

With the floodlights both being CVR as well. 

The overloaded hypothesis could be true, however, I would have thought the hardware could cope as Arlo offer the subscription service? 

The smarthub is supposed to handle up to 5 simultaneous streams.  But I am thinking there still could be an issue here due to the two CVR streams, which put a constant load on the base.

You could try turning off one of the floodlights for a couple of hours, and see if the problems resolve.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN ) in case they have other suggestions.

FWIW, my AVD1001 doorbell has a lot of local recordings, but much fewer in the cloud.  But that is due to the use of activity zones (which block out the street traffic).  Not sure if that is relevant with the floodlight cameras, since they are on AC power to get CVR.  In that case I think the activity zones are applied by the camera.  (That is not true for the Ultra 2 though, my understanding is the activity zones are always processed in the cloud for that camera).

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are currently looking into this, I will reach out soon as possible with an update. 

Ben135
Guide
Guide

Please look into this as it has been intermittent for the entire ownership of the cameras. 

The CVR records fine but will sporadically drop for between 5-30 minutes. 

please let me know if you have a solution. 

Ben135
Guide
Guide

I’m still waiting for you to reach out to me with a solution? 

My hub will randomly drop and all my CVR and cameras connected to the hub are made redundant. 

I am not happy about this at all as once dropped the cameras are useless and not protecting my property.

Please fix this as I am not happy with this problem as I am paying for a product (CVR) and I am not getting. 

Ben135
Guide
Guide

Can I have an answer for this issue asap. How long do I have to wait before a reply from an Arlo moderator.

im pissed off paying for subscriptions when my hub keeps dropping and showing a flashing orange light. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

Ben135
Guide
Guide

Please open another ticket as they closed my case with no resolution to my problem 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reached out to support to reach back out to you. Please allow a few days for the follow up. 

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation