Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Second battery to replace in 2 weeks. Tried using solar panel?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RealGrynomics
Follower
Follower

This is the second battery I have replaced in a period of two weeks that I have owned this product.  I have also bought the Solar panel and hooked up after the first week.   I have tweeked the settings etc and to no avail these batteries are not holding the charge.     So ....... Can the device still charge using the Solar panel if the device is off?   I just turned it off because I only have 10% battery life and I really don't want to go back and pull the device down to bring into the home again for charging.    Thanks,  and forgive my rant.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the solar panel will charge when off or on. However, remember that the panel is just a trickle charger that works only when sufficient light hits it and the ambient temp is above freezing (to protect the battery).

As for the batteries not holding a charge, while it's possible that the camera is causing this it's also possible that other things are causing it.  DIstance from the hub or router (depends on how it's connected) as well as 2.4GHz interference can cause this. What is the signal strength? ARe there any wireless devices of any sort near the floodlight, even inside the house? How many total minutes of recording and live viewing are you having, on average, per day? Do you get the charging icon for the camera (battery with lightning bolt)?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation