Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Second battery to replace in 2 weeks. Tried using solar panel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GFGNJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good day all ,  

This is the second battery I have replaced in a period of two weeks that I have owned this product.  I have also bought the Solar panel and hooked up after the first week.   I have tweeked the settings etc and to no avail these batteries are not holding the charge.     So ....... Can the device still charge using the Solar panel if the device is off?   I just turned it off because I only have 10% battery life and I really don't want to go back and pull the device down to bring into the home again for charging.    Thanks,  and forgive my rant.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Battery life is defined by camera usage as well as signal strength/quality. See the FAQs here in the support section:

https://kb.arlo.com/1202753/How-long-do-Arlo-camera-batteries-last

What kind of usage are you doing, both in recording and live viewing? The solar panel is a trickle charger that will keep the battery topped off given typical usage but can't keep up with continuous recording/viewing. Turning the camera off should help as long as the panel has direct sunlight for a good part of the day but then the signal issues may still be at play.

Tell us about the total number of minutes per day of recording and live viewing your doing on this camera. Also, let us know if you see the battery indicator with a lightning bolt when the panel is in sun since that indicates it's connected and charging the battery.

GFGNJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes the lighting bolt icon is active showing a charge.  I have set up the camera only for specific times.  I have not done live streaming,  camera is set up just when motion is detected and that will record.     The current videos in my library are 6 recordings less than 1 minute.     I have also notified my wifi provider and they have made adjustments according to the speed test.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Charge the battery and disconnect the solar panel. There have been some faulty ones that have caused the battery to drain overnight. If the battery remains charged as you would expect, swap the solar panel at the store or use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation