Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro3 Floodlight recording videos in Armed mode, floodlight is only lit during the recording.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ArdbegSWE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Reported earlier in: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-3-Floodlight/Pro-3-floodlight-light-never-stays-on-for-more-t... (Marked as Solved, however it's only answered)

Problem is when using the Pro3 Floodlight recording videos in Armed mode, floodlight is only lit during the recording.

Upon detection I would like the Floodlight to be lit for the full duration set on the card of the camera, even if detection (and recording) is stopped after a few seconds. I would like the floodlight timer to be reset upon every detection.

Example: I get a detection at 00:01:00 AM, floodlight turns ON (and recording starts), 00:01:05 AM detection resets, but Floodlight timer and light keeps it ON until 00:06:05 since I have a 5 minute setting on floodlight.
IF there would have been another detection at 00:05:00, floodlight will be constantly lit until 00:10:00 since the new detection would reset the timer.

Reason:
To have the Pro 3 Floodlight camera work as BOTH surveillance camera and Floodlight at the same time.

Prerequisities:
Outdoor charger/powersupply connected
Camera in ARMED mode
Floodlight setting on the camera card is 5 minutes
SH Mode used

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The floodlight will stay on if triggered by motion for the length of time selected for the recording. If wanted, you don't have to record but simply use the floodlight for up to 2 minutes. Those are your options for motion detection. You can always post in the Idea Exchange section here to see if there's support for your idea.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The floodlight will stay on if triggered by motion for the length of time selected for the recording. If wanted, you don't have to record but simply use the floodlight for up to 2 minutes. Those are your options for motion detection. You can always post in the Idea Exchange section here to see if there's support for your idea.

ArdbegSWE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Added my comment in the Ideas section where I found another idea for this, as advised.
Ref: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Floodlight-does-not-stay-on-for-long-after-movement...

Best Regards 

Johan Svärd

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation