Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Joelk1969
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just purchased the Pro 3 floodlight and I'm trying to connect directly to my Asus router.  I scan the code and get the chime, but it never finds the camera.

I am on 2.4 network.

I've tried two cameras, two different batteries and the camera when its plugged in with no battery.

I've tried with my phone, my tablet and my Surface laptop.

I also have tried to manually synch with no luck.

Already spent an hour live chatting with Arlo support. They suggested returning it for a new one.

This leads me to think it's a router issue. Thoughts?

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the router?

Joelk1969
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply. Yes I did reboot the router.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ANy chance you can take it to a friend's or neighbor's house and trying to connect there? That would help prove a router issue. If it turns out to be the router, try a factory reset on the router. 

Jim99
Guide
Guide

I just bought mine 11/29/2020 and the exact same thing happened. I left it for about an hour and tried again and the chime went off and it did connect and I could see the live feed. However, the next day - today it will not connect. After reading all the messages on here I think I'm goning to take it back. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jim99,

When you say it will not connect today, what do you mean? Can you provide a screenshot showing exactly what it is you are experiencing?

JamesC

Jim99
Guide
Guide

I took a screen shot of my iphone that shows the wheel spinning when I tap on the screen for live feed but it never connects. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jim99,

This sounds like it could be a connectivity issue due to poor signal strength. If you bring the camera temporarily closer to your router as a test, do you experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Charles_C
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just curious if this was ever resolved?

I believe that Asus Router has a finicky default setting for 2.4 Wireless.  Anyways, if you or others are still having issues with Asus routers and Arlo devices, try the setting below.

Login to your wireless router

Go to Wireless

Click on Professional tab

Band - select your 2.4 GHz

Airtime Fairness - Disable

Reboot your router

If you have an Asus AX router you might want to check Target Wake Time function.

The Asus AX router has an “Target Wake Time” function in Wifi >> ‘General’ for the latest IoT devices to help conserve power. It has this option for both the 5Ghz and 2.4GHz bands.

If you still have lingering issues after disabling "Airtime Fairness" on 2.4. Try disabling  “Target Wake Time” for the 2.4GHz band.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation