Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 floodlight lock washer

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GregEdD
Aspirant
Aspirant

This isn't a question, more of a helpful hint for a [likely] small portion of new Arlo Pro 3 floodlight purchasers. I own one Pro 3 and it's great, so I've purchased three more. Installing the mount was easy enough, but the problem came when trying to attached the camera housing to the mount. There is a single Phillips head screw that is the linchpin -- it is what holds the camera housing to the thin wall mount. The issue is there is a small lock washer (not technically a lock screw which at least one Arlo post cited) that, perhaps among other things, does not allow the screw to fall from the mount (smart idea, otherwise I suspect several would be lost given how small it is). If the lock washer is too close to the head of the screw, it's impossible to back out the screw far enough to allow the floodlight housing to properly affix to the mount. I tried for more than an hour, using needle nose pliers and a screwdriver, to try and move the lock washer closer to the pointy end of the screw with not luck. The engineering of the lock washer and screw is simply too good...I could not shift the washer up or down on the screw -- the tolerances were too tight. The good folks at Arlo agreed to send me a new mount. Attached is a photo that will helpfully show the issue...note that the lock washer should be closer to the end (left in the photo) of the screw otherwise he screw cannot be unscrewed far enough to allow clearance for the camera housing to mount over the mounting fixture. [Note: I was unable to upload a photo because I cannot find an upload button on this site -- very sorry for that]

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GregEdD wrote:

[Note: I was unable to upload a photo because I cannot find an upload button on this site -- very sorry for that]

There is a camera icon in the toolbar for embedding images.  They are manually reviewed/approved before shown. 

There is also a paper clip below the posting area that can attach a file.

Either way, you might need to rename the extension (jpeg->jpg), or convert heic.

GregEdD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks to: StephenB (Guru) for emailing me to let me know the paper clip icon, to post photos, is below the comments section (and other tools such as inserting videos, font options, etc. Attached you'll see the photo...thank you StephenB. 

IMG_1221.jpg
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I agree the lock washer needs more attention.  I can't get mine to engage anymore, so my floodlight can be removed with no tools. That creates a bit of a security risk, but also some risk that it will become detached accidently.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation