Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notifications without base station

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
HVangel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Switched my floodlight to wifi connection since it was out of range of base station. It has excellent signal now but I can’t enable notifications or recordings on app. The floodlight has a arlo smart subscription. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I don’t want to buy a second base station. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to use one of the new plans instead of the older Smart plan to make things work.

HVangel
Aspirant
Aspirant
So arlo had me try and reboot everything a few times and power cycle all the connections and it didn’t work. Even when it did work it was offline half the time as the wifi was being shared with 10 other devices. They wanted me to delete and reinstall the app but I didn’t bother since it would be hard to resync all the cameras. Got a second base station wired directly to the nearest mesh router and things work well again. Old subscription still works! So no idea how to run a camera/floodlight on wifi only so original problem remains unresolved. Least it is working perfect with second base station!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2 things:

1) Reinstalling the app doesn't delete your system and settings. It's just an app.

2) Use of the second base pretty much proves it was a signal strength/quality issue. You could putz with it to figure out what was going on but you have a working solution so why bother.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation