Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
GuyMV
Tutor
Tutor

Pro 3 floodlight paired to VM 5000 base. I’ve set the light duration to both 5 and 10 minute operation, but the light never stays on for more than 30 seconds. Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GuyMV,

The floodlight will remain on for the duration of the motion detection rules you are using. Take a look at your mode and set up a custom mode or adjust the duration of the default Armed mode motion detection trigger. For more information on custom modes, take a look here: How do I create a mode with different rules for each Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you mean when motion is detected? That's a setting in your modes and rules.

GuyMV
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, and thanks for the reply, but no: it didn’t help. I’ve been through both options without change. I’ve begun to think it’s something to do with my SmartBase 5000, but haven’t had the time to investigate. I’ll reset the thing; if nothing changes, I’ll pair the floodlight back to my NETGEAR router and see what happens.

Thanks again.

T0mgl
Aspirant
Aspirant

What was the outcome, I have the same issue?

GuyMV
Tutor
Tutor

tl;dr no change.

With light duration set for 5 mins:

I rebooted base with floodlight paired: no change, light on <20 sec

Deleted floodlight, removed battery, rebooted base just because, paired floodlight and reinstalled battery: no change, light for <20 sec

Deleted floodlight, removed battery, paired floodlight to NETGEAR router, inserted battery: no change, light for <20 sec
I now assume it’s the floodlight. Any suggestions, anyone?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GuyMV,

The floodlight will remain on for the duration of the motion detection rules you are using. Take a look at your mode and set up a custom mode or adjust the duration of the default Armed mode motion detection trigger. For more information on custom modes, take a look here: How do I create a mode with different rules for each Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

JamesC

GuyMV
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, JamesC - I get that. My goal (and that of others, it seems) was to have the floodlight remain lit for x-minutes after detected motion, sound and recording stopped, as additional deterrence. After a deep dive through the many posts on this issue, I understand it isn’t possible, and the only “fix” is to lengthen the recording time to x-minutes to keep the light on.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation