Pro 3 floodlight keeps disconnecting

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
T472655
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok so I have 9 cameras all connected at home. All on wifi. Have had them all for 1-3 years. I have 2 floodlight cameras that I've had the longest. Both connected since the start with solar panels but they keep disconnecting from connection and then take 100 attempts to reconnect. This has happened at least every 2 months since I've had them, they disconnected within a week of each other about 3 weeks ago and now I'm going crazy trying to get them reconnected again. To the point I'm so frustrated. 

My other 7 spotlight cameras are fine, never disconnect at all. But these floodlights 🙄

So, I've factory reset them, charged fully, do the chime,  wait for agessss and then no cameras found... Try again ..same thing... Try for a good hour .. get excited as it will pop up camera found!!! Type the name in... Checks for software.... Says updated....then says position camera.... Connecting.... Then nothing happens! Shows it on the app that the cameras there but boom... No connection.... So try remove device and go through connection process AGAIN.    

Argghhh driving me absolute crazy. Esp since it's two of them... Surely they can't both be faulty... It's not the wifi as all the other cameras are working.   Can't be the app as all the other cameras I can see.. 

I'm not sure how many more times I can attempt this connecting buzz. 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try leaving the solar panels disconnected to see if that makes a difference. Also, bring one closer to your WiFi or hub to see if that makes a difference.

T472655
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep havehad them inside trying to connectfor weeks so while they are inside I have been using a standard Arlo charger to charge them on normal power 🙂

They charge with no issue though.. it's just the connecting and staying connected that's the issue. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@T472655 wrote:

They charge with no issue though.. it's just the connecting and staying connected that's the issue. 

Do they operate normally when disconnected from the solar panels?

T472655
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, no they don't connect when connected or not connected to either power source.  They charge fine though and before I attempt to connect them, I charge them fully first everytime. 

Hence why this mission has been going on weeks now. Haha they are just sitting on my table  inside untill I have a few hours spare to play the connecting game. 

I can get them to come up with "add a name" which still takes a good 10 chime takes . But then they still stay un connected... And don't work

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@T472655 wrote:

I can get them to come up with "add a name" which still takes a good 10 chime takes . But then they still stay un connected... And don't work

Did you try a hardware reset?  You do that by opening up the camera and pressing the button inside until the camera LED flashes amber (~ 15 seconds).

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation