Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 floodlight: Camera remains disabled when using OEM outdoor charging cable

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DBOAU
Follower
Follower

I have 3 x Pro 3 Floodlights. Whilst charging using the offical Arlo outdoor magnetic charging cable and OEM charger the camera remains disabled in the same way it does when using an ‘indoor’ charging cable on all 3 cameras. Disappointing as I purchased the outdoor cable so they could remain plugged in and access the highest flood light setting. I’ve tried multiple chargers and charger/cable combos and confirmed working combinations on a Pro 3 (non floodlight) where the camera isn’t disabled whilst charging so I know the cable is fine. Any thoughts anyone? 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo outdoor charger includes a charger that's permanently connected to the cable so you can't possibly use other ones. This one allows the camera to be connected to AC power while still being able to operate.  Sounds like you're using 3rd party equipment. See the What's Included section here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMA5600C-100NAS.html

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DBOAU wrote:

I have 3 x Pro 3 Floodlights. Whilst charging using the offical Arlo outdoor magnetic charging cable and OEM charger the camera remains disabled in the same way it does when using an ‘indoor’ charging cable on all 3 cameras. 

Can you confirm that you are using a VMA5600C or VMA5601C outdoor charger?

If so, have you tried this charger with all three cameras?

Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have this problem.  I am using the flow outdoor cable purchased from arlo.com

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation