Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 Floodlight

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dignan76
Aspirant
Aspirant
My previous case 42759539 was closed without resolution. My floodlight will still not be reset and it is not scanning the QR code to rejoin my network. I ensured I was on 2.4ghz wifi channel but the floodlight still will not connect. The reset process never actually gets me the amber light so it is not working. I have had the floodlight since June 2020 so it is out of warranty and seems like I am out over $300 since I also bought the charging cable. Seems like the floodlight broke forever right after the warranty period expired.
9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dignan76 wrote:
 My floodlight will still not be reset and it is not scanning the QR code to rejoin my network. I ensured I was on 2.4ghz wifi channel but the floodlight still will not connect. The reset process never actually gets me the amber light so it is not working.

Have you tried removing/reinserting the battery before trying the reset?

Also, have you tried both the app and a PC browser (my.arlo.com).

Dignan76
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the suggestions. I did try removing the battery first and reinserting. I the light at the top above the camera never actually comes in. The light on the side of the camera just slow blinks blue.
I also just tried using my computer but it seems like the floodlight never goes into pairing mode.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dignan76 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I did try removing the battery first and reinserting. I the light at the top above the camera never actually comes in. The light on the side of the camera just slow blinks blue.
I also just tried using my computer but it seems like the floodlight never goes into pairing mode.

Slow-blinking blue means the camera is in pairing mode.  https://kb.arlo.com/642/What-do-the-different-LED-behaviors-on-my-Arlo-camera-mean

When you add the device, are you choosing the Floodlight Pro 3 ( which is under "lights")?  Or the Pro 3?

Dignan76
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s the pro 3 floodlight. The graphics for the floodlight show the blue light blinking above the camera which is not blinking for me. Only the blue light in the side is blinking.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dignan76 wrote:
It’s the pro 3 floodlight. The graphics for the floodlight show the blue light blinking above the camera which is not blinking for me. Only the blue light in the side is blinking.

The only status LED is on the right side of the camera (as you face it).  https://kb.arlo.com/000062381/Arlo-Pro-3-Floodlight-Camera-Product-Tour

Dignan76
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for that. Regardless, I am getting a slow blue blink for that light and I never get the amber light when trying to reset by holding the sync button down.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dignan76 wrote:
It’s the pro 3 floodlight. 

Understood.  

I was double-checking that when you added the device that you were telling the app/web UI that you were adding a Pro 3 Floodlight (not an ordinary Pro 3).

Dignan76
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still not working after trying all the suggestions. Starting to worry I’m out $300.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dignan76 wrote:
I am getting a slow blue blink for that light and I never get the amber light when trying to reset by holding the sync button down.

It could be that the sync button is defective. If it doesn't turn amber no matter how long you hold it, then you could contact support and ask for an RMA (assuming the camera is still under warranty).

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation