Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 Floodlight not following schedule mode

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BobSC
Follower
Follower
I have a schedule set for the floodlight to be armed daily from 9:00 pm to 11:59 pm and from 12:00 am to 7:00 am. Essentially the device is armed over night each day. Consistent with the sample schedule, I don’t have a time set to disarm, assuming it will do so automatically.

Every 2-4 days it will fail to switch to the scheduled mode when it is set to. In particular, it seems to most often to fail to disarmed in the morning. I’ve seen that if that happens and I disarm it manually and then change the mode back to schedule it will arm at the next appropriate time. But it fails to disarm at the following time setting. Restarting the device will get it on track for a couple days it seems.

As to problem solving, in addition to restarting the device, I’ve removed the device and reset it up, which didn’t solve it. I’ve used the web portal to set the schedule rather than the app on the second set up. Most recently the web portal didn’t agree with the app/camera on armed status. The web indicated disarmed (scheduled) while app mode and actual camera was armed. Also, the app and web portal seems to show the camera armed via icon on device tab when it’s not on the mode tab - or it’s slow to refresh.

I’m not using a base station or smarthub, just direct connect via wifi. The other camera - Pro 4 - has a similar schedule and is working fine. Wifi signal is strong at the camera and wifi/internet connection is consistent.

Any suggestions or is this just a bug?
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You've tried the things I would have (delete and reconnect the camera and redone the schedule). At this point there are two things I'd suggest:

1) Remove the camera and create a second account using a second email address to add the camera to. Yes, I  understand that's an issue in itself but may lead to an understanding that it's something about your account that's the issue.

2) Use the Conntact Support link at the bottom here to see if they have anything to add.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation