Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 Floodlight goes flat after charge

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ozjimmy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been running several Arlo Pro 3's, including 2 Floodlight's, for two months with no problems.

The most active camera recently reached 18% battery and on Sunday afternoon I charged it with the outdoor charging cable.  This took several hours and I confirmed via the app that it had reached 100% before I unplugged the cable.  At no point did I move the camera, and it remained connected to the Smart Hub the entire time.

Now two days later I've noticed that the camera is off and is showing battery 0%.  What's going on?

(it sounds very similar to this https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Arlo-Pro-Battery-Lasting-2-Days/td-p/1690794 but the recommendations are all about camera location and ensuring the battery is seated correctly etc... I have not touched the camera beyond snapping on the magnetic charging cable)

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ozjimmy wrote:

The most active camera recently reached 18% battery and on Sunday afternoon I charged it with the outdoor charging cable. 

Now two days later I've noticed that the camera is off and is showing battery 0%.  What's going on?

This is very unusual for the Floodlight (or anything else with the XL battery).

Is there an unusual uplift in the activity?  If cloud activity zones are enabled, you might try disabling them - since you can't see the amount of activity with them enabled.

While it does seem unlikely to be linked to the camera location, I still suggest swapping the two cameras as a test.  If the problem moves, then try swapping the batteries.

ozjimmy
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears that the camera decided to power-down as a result of disconnecting the charging cable.  I climbed up to charge it again, and when I connected the cable it powered-up and told me it was 100% charged.  I have now disconnected the charging cable again and the camera has worked fine for the last hour or two, so hopefully it was a weird one-off.

McLaughlin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm returning mine just before the end of the 30 day window. In addition to the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight, I had the Arlo Smart trial and the Arlo Pro Hub running together. Leaving my experience for folks from the future doing their research on the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation