Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No video

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DHZ138
Tutor
Tutor

Just setup an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight (direct to wifi with no base station). From the Arlo app I don't see any video whatsoever. Same with Camera Positioning which shows a strong signal. The only time I've ever seen video is when I go into Activity Zones.

Any clues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DHZ138
Tutor
Tutor
Well, after a hard reset I’m finally able to arm the device. Bit disappointed with this experience versus the Nest and Ring cams but hopefully things will go smoothly from here.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
dcfox1
Master
Master

What are you seeing in the device page and what happens when you hit play for live view for that cam to start with. Also are other cams working properly if you have any on a hub? 

DHZ138
Tutor
Tutor

Device page shows just a blank white screen with a play button and when I hit play, nothing except the icon changes to a stop square.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Have you tried it the web page my.arlo.com 

DHZ138
Tutor
Tutor
Sure have. No video either but I can turn on the floodlight!
dcfox1
Master
Master

Have you tried removing it and adding it back? It also could be a distance problem from your router not sure if you already installed it. Also interference from other device's on your network. 

DHZ138
Tutor
Tutor

I re-setup the wifi 3 times on 3 different devices and all are the same (iOS and Android) making sure everything was on 2.4GHz. Router is about maybe 20 feet away and shows the camera as having a 85 to 90% connection.

Tonight once I have more time I'll see how to factory reset it and try to setup from scratch. Otherwise it's a call to Arlo as perhaps I got a lemon?

DHZ138
Tutor
Tutor

Decided to hotspot my Android to my iPhone and setup the camera again and it works great so now to figure out what the hell on my network is blocking connection to Arlo's servers.

DHZ138
Tutor
Tutor

Odd but for whatever reason the camera will not work correctly on my Amplifi HD mesh routers. It's connected to a different wireless router and I can finally see a live stream. Checking with Amplifi to see what could be wrong but in the meantime.

However, now the camera will not arm as under Mode the device just says "Getting information".  On with support to see what's going on. So much for an easy setup 🙂

DHZ138
Tutor
Tutor
Well, after a hard reset I’m finally able to arm the device. Bit disappointed with this experience versus the Nest and Ring cams but hopefully things will go smoothly from here.
DHZ138
Tutor
Tutor

Spoke a bit too soon. Now the camera won't update the time zone and I can't get rid of the "finish onboarding" message. Arlo support has been great but just can't figure out why this is happening so I'm packing it up and returning it. Really wanted to like this floodlight and waited a long time for it. Too bad.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Why not swap at the store for another one?

DHZ138
Tutor
Tutor

Store didn't have another one and after my experience, I just returned it.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation