Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Magnetic Power Cord for Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight - Is this another different power cord?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi.

I have a couple of questions relating to the New Arlo 3 Floodlight please?

1. I currently have the Arlo Ultra Cameras (2) located outside my home. They are both set-up using an outdoor magnetic power cable - fitted permanently.  Will my existing Magnetic Outdoor Cable work with the Pro 3 Floodlight?

2. I have my current 2 x Arlo Ultra Cameras fixed to an Outdoor Security Mount (VMA1000). Will I be able to use this existing Outdoor Security Mount with the Arlo 3 Floodlight or do you have to use the mount that comes with the Floodlight?

I don't think that Arlo realise that every time they change their mounting system for their NEW cameras that this means more holes being drilled somewhere outside  people's homes, making it all look quite messy!!

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Blacky17557 wrote:

1. I currently have the Arlo Ultra Cameras (2) located outside my home. They are both set-up using an outdoor magnetic power cable - fitted permanently.  Will my existing Magnetic Outdoor Cable work with the Pro 3 Floodlight?

Yes.  Note the indoor magnetic cable won't work.  Indoors you need to charge the camera with a microusb charger.

But the outdoor magnetic cable does work (as does the solar panel).

@Blacky17557 wrote:

2. I have my current 2 x Arlo Ultra Cameras fixed to an Outdoor Security Mount (VMA1000). Will I be able to use this existing Outdoor Security Mount with the Arlo 3 Floodlight or do you have to use the mount that comes with the Floodlight?

The camera is a lot longer and heavier than the ultra, and it doesn't fit that mount.

Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank You for your reply and for the information that I was looking for Stephen B.

It seems that the only change needed to adapt the Floodlight will be yet another set of holes in my brickwork.

It's great that the magnetic cable will suit the Arlo Floodlight.

I still feel that the expense involved in changing to the Floodlight is VERY high - and therefore will be something I will look at very carefully.

Thanks again for your help - very much appreciated!!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation