Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Light on Only (No Recording)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
GCBuilding
Follower
Follower
Hi Guys,
In addition to utilizing my Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight in an Armed mode for security purposes, I am wanting to create a mode whereby the device will simply operate as a ‘dumb floodlight’ at night time to simply turn on when it senses movement in the driveway. I can not seem to create this simple rule without the need to also select ‘record video’ as an action and/or ‘Push Notification’ as an alert. If I do not select either one of these options, the ‘Save’ button becomes greyed out and hence I can not complete the rule. I see that where a device has ‘Arlo Smart’ activated then ‘Record Video’ must be selected. Even when then device is removed as an active Arlo Smart device, this problems still exists.

Am I missing something? Surely the device can act as a ‘Dumb Floodlight’ without the need to simultaneously record video and or issue a push notification unnecessarily...
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GCBuilding wrote:

Am I missing something? Surely the device can act as a ‘Dumb Floodlight’ without the need to simultaneously record video and or issue a push notification unnecessarily...

No, you're not.  It's a good suggestion though - so I suggest you put it into the idea exchange.

Personally I just record the video.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@GCBuilding wrote:

In addition to utilizing my Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight in an Armed mode for security purposes, I am wanting to create a mode whereby the device will simply operate as a ‘dumb floodlight’ at night time to simply turn on when it senses movement in the driveway. I can not seem to create this simple rule without the need to also select ‘record video’ as an action and/or ‘Push Notification’ as an alert.

Are you sure? It seems to work here, although I do have other things triggered to happen. (Turn  on some standalone Arlo lights.)

Floodlight triggerFloodlight trigger

The Save button is  not disabled. This is on a VMB4540 hub/base station .

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation