Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Keeps disconnecting from WiFi

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sawkes
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera, Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight, worked without any problems for the first 3 months. Then the battery went out and I naturally went ahead and charged it back up. It did not reconnect to my WiFi automatically. I did not manage to get it to reconnect, so I removed the unit and went through setup again. Then it worked for a few days, but suddenly no connection again. This is now a repeat problem, I will have to go through the whole setup to get the camera working again, and it will be every thing from a few hours, days or weeks before It will disconnect again.

My WiFi stability is fine. No other devices are having a problem. Keep in mind the camera was working without problems for several months on the same connection and placement.

I am really not happy with this camera any more. I have it to assure home security, this is very unreliable and extremely time consuming to keep having to work on getting it to reconnect. Even trying to connect the camera is often successful, it will just keep searching and searching although blue light is blinking. The thing about connecting with phone is better on iPhone (6), it will always never work on my Google Pixel 7.

I have tried reinstalling the app including deleting data and cache. I have updated the app. I have tried factory resetting multiple times. I have assured my WiFi is 2.4 ghz only. I have no weird letters in my SSID. I have the correct WiFi password. There should be no interference with the WiFi. The battery is fully charged. The weather does not make any difference, the problems have persisted through cold to warm temperatures. 

Please help. I was happy with this product to begin with. Now I am paying a subscription for a very unreliable to unusable product.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

WiFi interference and poor signal strength can cause many of the symptoms you describe here. What does the signal strength icon show for the floodlight? If you move the camera temporarily to a different location to test, do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Sawkes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello! As already described there is no problem with the WiFi. The signal is strong.

Also doesn't explain the problem of connecting through Google Pixel 7.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sawkes wrote:

As already described there is no problem with the WiFi. The signal is strong.

Still, I suggest checking the speed you are getting from the camera location.  Try using the Ookla speedtest app on your phone, when standing at the camera.  The upload speed matters more than the download speed.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation