Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mtns2C
Initiate
Initiate

I have been using two pro and two pro 2 cameras connected to a base station for several years now. I have the free 7 day cloud recording storage and have never had a paid subscription. I just bought a used pro 3 floodlight camera thinking that it would be my 5th camera and I would have the free 7 day recording storage with it also. It appears that this camera requires a subscription to save cloud recordings. If I paid for a single subscription for this camera would I still get the free 7 day storage on my 4 existing cameras?

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
If you had added another pro or pro2 to make up the five camera account limit you would have the 7days free arlo cloud storage on all five.

When you add a camera model later than the pro2 you require a subscription to get the cloud storage feature for that specific camera. Make sure it is the only camera listed under the subscription account list and the other cameras should still have the 7days free cloud storage feature.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mtns2C wrote:

If I paid for a single subscription for this camera would I still get the free 7 day storage on my 4 existing cameras?

Yes.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Mtns2C wrote:

It appears that this camera requires a subscription to save cloud recordings.

That's the new (ish) business model. Anything newer than Pro 2 needs a subscription. Pro 2s still work as they did. You can happily run these generations side by side.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation