Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I'm being forced to sign up for a subscription for a new camera--old cameras did not require it

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have 4 older cameras from Arlo and none of them require a subscription for it to work. That is the reason why I purchased from Arlo to begin with. I then decided to purchase the Floodlight camera. I also purchased the solar panel for the floodlight as well. I was automatically enrolled in the free trial subscription which is 90-days apparently. After the trial period was over, I could no longer record anything unless I purchase a subscription. Had I known this, I would NEVER have purchased from Arlo. I did not want a subscription, but I feel forced into one now. This is very sneaky and manipulative of Arlo. I did not see this mentioned anywhere on there website, but finally after my camera was not recording, I did some research and there was the teeny, tiny claim WAY WAY down the very bottom of the screen is that you need to purchase a subscription for the floodlight camera. That is some shady business that Arlo is doing. And now because they automatically enrolled me in the trial which was 90-days, my 30-day return period is up. I want my money back since you deceived and tricked me into this. 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You tricked yourself by not reading the details/fine print. Any camera newer than the Pro 2 has to have a subscription for cloud recordings and has been that way for 2-3 years now (whenever the Ultra cameras were released). Your failure to investigate/read does not constitute an Arlo issue.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Look at the boxes your stuff came in.

ArloPro3CloudArloPro3Cloud

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation