Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lydhatesyou
Follower
Follower
I can’t find any post and or video on how to change this simple setting! (on the app or the desktop site) I just would like to turn OFF animal detection on one certain camera. I feel like it shouldn’t be this hard to get this information, but honestly for the life of me I can’t find the information anywhere. I just only want to be alerted if a person or vehicle comes into the camera view and I do not see the information anywhere online or in this thread/forum that answers my exact question. I just don’t want my phone going off EVERYTIME the flag on my porch blows and it says there is an animal being detected. I just feel like there should be an easier way to tell people how this can be done but I have yet to see the answer...?? or at least turn the sensitivity down or up so it doesn’t alert me every 5 seconds about a nonexistent animal! Any answers are greatly appreciated, because I can’t keep the whole system muted and not receive any alerts what so ever because that would defeat the whole purpose of getting the cameras to begin with and that’s what I’m having to do so I can not run my battery down so quickly with unwanted notifications!
1 REPLY 1
dcfox1
Master
Master

To turn off Animal in a certain cam go to settings then select smart notifications and each cam active is there. As for the rest are you using Activity Zones to eliminate the flag? Even with a certain notification off in smart it will still record and send it the server to process. For motion sensitivity you can adjust that in your cams rules. 

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation