Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
MikeMcQ1
Guide
Guide
How's the drain on your floodlight Cam? I replaced a pro 2 camera with the pro 3 floodlight Cam in the same location. The pro 2 would last for several months. The floodlight Cam is barely lasting 3 days, and that's WITH the pro 3 solar panel connected!

I've got a northern exposure location with no shade and sunlight the entire day. And yet this camera is depleting about 25% a day.
27 REPLIES 27
MarkRJ
Star
Star

You should be able to resolve this by performing a factory reset and reclaiming the device. To factory reset following these steps:

-Remove the floodlight from your mobile app by navigating to Settings > My Devices > select your floodlight > Remove Device

-Press and hold the sync button until the amber LED flashes 3 times

-The camera will reboot and should then be ready again for installation.

ArloUser71
Aspirant
Aspirant
Completed the factory reset on the camera however the battery is steady going down a few percentage points every day with maybe one or two activities. It shows it is charging but it never goes up.
MarkRJ
Star
Star

make sure the solar panel is positioned to get direct sunlight for as many hours of the day as possible. There is a great phone app that helps you angle the solar panel for optimum exposure. It is called Simply Solar, Download from your App Store it is free. You can select a timeframe for how to position it. From 1day to 6 months. I guess the only other thing I might try is relocating the solar panel if possible to increase direct sunlight. South facing is best. I had 32 video clips recorded today and still at 100% battery. 

the last thing is to make sure you have a good WiFi signal strength. If it is too weak then it can run down the battery too

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation