Flood light constant power

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
macnmore
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm looking at replacing the Arlo Pro 2 camera I have that covers the driveway and 4 way stop at our house.  Right now It's on the 2nd floor of our house and I've hard-wired it through the wall to have constant power.  With the flood light, I won't be able to do this right?  I tried the solar panel before hard wiring and it was a failure.  The camera would constantly die and I had to get my ladder out to charge it every couple days.  It was like the solar panel wasn't even there. 

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@macnmore wrote:

I'm looking at replacing the Arlo Pro 2 camera I have that covers the driveway and 4 way stop at our house.  Right now It's on the 2nd floor of our house and I've hard-wired it through the wall to have constant power.  With the flood light, I won't be able to do this right?  

No.  You can, but you'll need to hard-wire it with the outdoor charger (9 volts).

@macnmore wrote:

I tried the solar panel before hard wiring and it was a failure.  The camera would constantly die and I had to get my ladder out to charge it every couple days.  It was like the solar panel wasn't even there. 

I've seen some recent issues reported here with the Pro 2 panel - don't know what's going on there.  

That said, if there is a lot of camera activity (perhaps masked by activity zones), the panels can't keep up.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Just to add further, ensure you have the correct panel from arlo, third party solar panels can drain the battery outside of daylight. I suspect that the cable contains a back stop.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation