Firmware update refusing to install

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Arlouserxa
Follower
Follower

I have a second Arlo pro 3 flood light cam on a different network in a totally different location to my home camera that’s identical.

this 2nd camera refuses to update its firmware no matter what I do. 

I’ve had it on the same network, I’ve reset it all, I’ve litterally checked every post about similar issues to no avail. 

please can you remove forced updates where it removes the view live functionality when an updates available. 

for the cost of these cameras all I can say is I’m not impressed in the slightest I’ve had cheaper do a better and easier experience…

9 REPLIES 9
Lee73
Tutor
Tutor

Same here! This is an issue with Arlo, not the customers device. Arlo needs to push the update since we can't install it manually form the settings menu. Customers shouldn't have to pay a subscription fee to ensure firmware updates are loaded correctly. Arlo fix this!!!

Lee73
Tutor
Tutor

I just fixed it myself. The best thing to do is remove your camera from the device list and reinstall it like you just purchased it. You'll also need to remove the battery and reinstall it if you're not using a home hub.

1. Arlo Secure >settings>homeplan>devices - remove the camera

2. Remove battery from camera

3. reinstall fully charged battery wait for blinking blue light

4. + device >enter network info> scan QR Code, name the device 

5. App will search for updates, light will blink orange and blue while updating firmware.

Should be back online!

I hope this helps. 

Chiki2024
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same problem.  I have done every suggestion found on the internet and no luck. As with the other users, I expect better service for my money!!  To not have the availability of a camera because it is locked up, unable to an update install is unacceptable. Arlo, fix your problem!

Chiki2024
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you happen to have difficulty removing the device from the app or desktop? I've never had a problem removing and reinstalling a device in the past, but now I can't even take it off....so frustrating!

Lee73
Tutor
Tutor

The removal process was a little cumbersome for sure but I was able to remove it. I took it off the network 1st but that made it so I couldn't remove the device. So it is frustrating to remove.

AbbyWells
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. I also have the problem that the 1 camera that wants a Firmware update is completely blurry. I have had nothing but problems since they forced the update to the new dashboard. I no longer can see recording on my local hub and I get constant notifications of movement where I didn't before. Everything seems to be making it impossible to use the cameras unless you have a subscription. Which I refuse to pay for. I will rip the cameras out and put them in the trash first. I had a friend recommend Arlo and I wasn't aware of the ongoing subscription would never have gotten them if I knew. I wish I did more research as they are nothing but trouble.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback, I have notified the team and I'll report back as soon as possible.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Arlouserxa 

The team asked if you can try bringing your floodlight camera with the updating symptom inside closer to your router and turn the device to the On position from the devices settings to see if it can trigger the update overnight. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Arlouserxa 

Did you have any luck with my last post?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation