Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Detection Range on Floodlight vs Arlo Pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Instegone
Guide
Guide

So I just swapped out a Arlo Pro 3 for an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight.  Its covering the exact same area and I have the sensitivity set to 100%, but I'm not getting alerts like I used to.  Before anytime a car drove down the road I'd get a notification/recording.   For the Floodlight, I'm not getting a notification unless someone is halfway up my driveway.   Is the range on the Floodlight less?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that the exact positioning has changed somewhat or that there's a difference in how each camera senses motion, whether due to hardware difference or firmware. In addition, are you using zones and/or Smart? Those could affect this, too.

Instegone
Guide
Guide

Something is definitely wrong.  It's not detecting anything past 15 feet.  I tried moving the camera, tried the Motion Detect Test etc.  Its very odd.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a screenshot of the camera view and maybe provide a link to a typical video. If the camera is bad, you should use the app and go to Settings, Support to start the process or possibly swap at the store.

Instegone
Guide
Guide

This photo is from this morning.  Measuring out 15 feet.   With both my older Arlo 3 Pro and Arlo Pro 2 (mounted at the same spot) they captured a car driving down the road (which would be almost 30 feet) 

I opened a ticket with Arlo the other night and they said try Activity Zones but that didn't work.

thumbnail_Screenshot_20211127-094523_Arlo_resized.jpg
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you try mounting one of the old cameras right under (or over) the floodlight, and test them together?

PIR range does depend on temperature, so part of this difference might be seasonal.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation