Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cold temp

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KMcD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyone know if the floodlight can withstand winter yet in Canada. Useless when -10 deg C and will not re it’s until camera is warmed up. 

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's been said that using AC power MAY help this. I can't prove it but could be worth a test.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KMcD wrote:

Anyone know if the floodlight can withstand winter yet in Canada. Useless when -10 deg C and will not re it’s until camera is warmed up. 

The operating temperature range for the floodlight is spec'd at -20° C to 45° C

The battery will not charge if the temperature is below 0° C

As @jguerdat says, it is possible that the camera will operate below -20° C if you remove the battery and run it on the outdoor AC charger.  Some users have posted that this extends the temperature range with some Arlo cameras, but I don't recall seeing anyone posting this for the floodlight in particular.

KMcD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am plugged into power with the proper outside cable and still the camera will not work until warmed up. I lose my floodlight camera for 5 months in Alberta 

KMcD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will try this but don’t think it functions properly without the batter installed if I remember correctly when I tried it at setup. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera just needs power - doesn't matter if the battery supplies it or the AC cable. The camera works fine without the battery installed but obviously fails if power is cut.

KMcD
Aspirant
Aspirant

B7AEEB09-3A61-4444-9BCF-A4084FFA331E.png

 this is incorrect. The camera and light will not run with the battery out while connected to power. I do have the outdoor charging cable as well 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like the outdoor charger isn't fully connected to the camera so no power is applied or possibly a faulty camera. Have you tried using the cahrger on other cameras as well as wiping all contacts to ensure proper connections?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation