Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot set the timezone-keeps telling me I'm in Bogota, Lima, Quito

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kokomayla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Floodlights works beautifully with the exception of not saving my timezone selection. It stays  Eastern Canada when I'm actively in the app.. But when I reopen the app I see  the timezone has reset to Bogota.  It says there are no updates for firmware available. And I'm not having an issue with timezone selection for my Essential wireless doorbell. Any ideas or suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've not been able to reproduce this issue. Try setting the correct time zone and then restarting your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight. Do you you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kokomayla wrote:

Floodlights works beautifully with the exception of not saving my timezone selection. It stays  Eastern Canada when I'm actively in the app.. But when I reopen the app I see  the timezone has reset to Bogota.  It says there are no updates for firmware available. And I'm not having an issue with timezone selection for my Essential wireless doorbell. Any ideas or suggestions? 

Maybe try setting it in my.arlo.com (PC browser), and see if that sticks.

Are the times on your recordings correct?  Or are they an hour too early? (Bogota is the same time zone, but doesn't observe DST).

Kokomayla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Funny you mention that! I tried setting it with the pc Arlo account access and that didn't work either.. I just tried that yesterday in fact.. And the recordings are an hour behind what the time really is

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kokomayla wrote:

Funny you mention that! I tried setting it with the pc Arlo account access and that didn't work either.. I just tried that yesterday in fact.. And the recordings are an hour behind what the time really is

Probably you should contact support then.

@JamesC , @Mark-V : is this bug already reported?  Any workarounds?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've not been able to reproduce this issue. Try setting the correct time zone and then restarting your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight. Do you you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

Kokomayla
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was at 70% charge so i've taken my camera down, charging it, gonna reset it, learned when i reset devices i need to log out of the Arlo app! so done that already..i'll probably complete this tomorrow...thanks in advance for suggestions

Kokomayla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it now remembers the Eastern canada settings. Thanks to everyone assisting! 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation