Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Glackowitz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Battery died in security light and now it wants to strobe when a full battery is inserted or plugged into charge cable. Has been working fine until now. Any way to reset or is it junked and toss it?
8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Glackowitz wrote:
Battery died in security light and now it wants to strobe when a full battery is inserted or plugged into charge cable. Has been working fine until now. Any way to reset or is it junked and toss it?

Did you check the flash setting?

If it is set to "off", try setting it to "fast" or "slow", and then set it back.

Glackowitz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can’t get to settings as it’s offline since battery died. The second power is applied via battery or charge cord it starts strobing. It’s a fast strobe…3-4 flashes a second non stop until power is removed
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Glackowitz wrote:
Can’t get to settings as it’s offline since battery died. The second power is applied via battery or charge cord it starts strobing. It’s a fast strobe…3-4 flashes a second non stop until power is removed

I suggest charging it back up, and then check the settings. 

You might also need to remove the light from your account and set it up again (which I know is a pain).  

Glackowitz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I removed light from system but it’s still stuck in strobing mode. Tried to add it back but I can’t get to the setup on the camera. Just strobes.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glackowitz,

Try factory resetting your floodlight and then add it back to your account and test to see if you still experience the same behavior.

You can factory reset by pressing and holding the sync button until the LED flashes amber and the camera reboots. After the reset, setup the camera using the Arlo mobile app as if it were new.

JamesC

Glackowitz
Aspirant
Aspirant
No go on the reset, held it several times, from 15 seconds to 5 minutes. Just flashes rapidly and won’t stop until battery is dead or power removed with no battery. I think it’s junked. Going to rip it open and check it out and then toss it.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC wrote:

You can factory reset by pressing and holding the sync button until the LED flashes amber and the camera reboots. After the reset, setup the camera using the Arlo mobile app as if it were new.

This appears to be the original Arlo Light, not the newer Pro 3 Floodlight.

I've seen info on how to reset the Arlo Bridge, but nothing on how to reset the light.

Glackowitz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have given up, going to toss it. Nothing seems to be working to fix it. Now cameras are acting up. One has managed to record over 1000 clips of nothing and used up the freshly charged battery in under a week.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation