Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station keeps dropping

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ben135
Guide
Guide
This product is an actual joke. The amount I’ve spent on my camera system and no one from Arlo is answering.
My smart hub is connected via Ethernet and still sporadically drops connection for roughly 10-15 minutes at a time sometimes longer. The quick bandaid is to restart the hub. I would like some assistance as to why this is happening. I’m wasting my money on CVR if the system keeps dropping. Please assist and sort it out.
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ben135,

What happens that indicates the SmartHub is dropping? Are you seeing any error messages? What LED behavior do you see on the SmartHub when this happens?

JamesC

Ben135
Guide
Guide
The indication is when I’m in the app displaying my cameras and the one connected to the hub is offline. I have an orange flashing led. My other cameras are Wi-Fi direct. I’m paying for CVR and what’s the point if it keeps dropping. 20/07/21 at 12am it dropped for 2hrs 35mins the amount I paid for the system plus subscriptions this is less than impressive.
Ben135
Guide
Guide

It's now been a week with zero response from the "community manager" some assistance would be appreciated ASAP I have only owned these ornaments for less than 4 months.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ben135 wrote:
The indication is when I’m in the app displaying my cameras and the one connected to the hub is offline. I have an orange flashing led. I’m paying for CVR and what’s the point if it keeps dropping. 20/07/21 at 12am it dropped for 2hrs 35mins the amount I paid for the system plus subscriptions this is less than impressive.

How far is the camera from the hub?  

@Ben135 wrote:
some assistance would be appreciated ASAP I have only owned these ornaments for less than 4 months.

Have you tried contacting support?  Use the link at the top right of the forum page.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation