Base Station stopped recording video and sensing motion

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Molsondog
Follower
Follower

Everything worked fine then one day my base station stopped recording video or detecting motion from all 8 of my cameras. When I look at the base station it says the base station is charging and some functions may not be available. This makes no sense because the base station is always plugged into the outlet.  I tried resetting the base station but no change. The cameras can show me live video. I hate to take it back to factory reset and try again. Any suggestions before I resort to that method?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's very odd and it's the first time I've heard of this. The base/hub has no battery in it so the message is definitely in error.

Do you have a subscription? Be sure to verify that you have one and it's in effect for the cameras. You may want to enable local recordings as a backup but that shouldn't be needed. To do this, go to the hub's settings under Storage Settings. You don't need a huge drive to store a lot of videos but it has to be at least 16GB. You can then use the app to view those recordings how to view them depends on whether you see Library or Feed to normally view cloud recordings.

All that is just an attempt to see if anything is being recorded regardless of subscription status.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation