Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 not recording, yes I have a subscription

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JLK007
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I've had this for about a month now. I immediately bought a premier subscription for it. It has the latest firmware(1.080.23.4_44_fda0029), whatever it makes you install when you first set it up. I've had 3 different days(June 28, July 1, July 7) that this stops recording like around 8 or 9-ish in the morning. And of course I don't notice them until later at night, usually around 9-10pm when I'm just looking at what's been going on throughout the day. I know of 2 ways to get this to work. 

1) Restart device

2) Do a live view

Once do one of the above this will work for a few days until it decides to not want to record again. When I go to Device Utilities and then Camera Positioning, the video bandwidth show "strong". When I do the Motion Detection Test, I see the amber LED flashing indicating motion is detected. My wifi is good. I'm about to take all this back since I've reached out to Arlo support 2 different times, the 2nd time(tonight) they wanted me to download a wifi analytics app. While I was trying to find an app, since I was 3 minutes idle in the chat support it automatically disconnected me. Anyone have a solution as to what is going on, or do I just have a bad unit? I have an Arlo doorbell, and also Arlo Pro camera and they're recording fine. Again, wifi is NOT the issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JLK007 wrote:

they wanted me to download a wifi analytics app. 

Are you running Android or IOS?

There are several free analytics apps for Android, but I don't think you'll find any good free ones for iOS. 

Most of the ones for iOS will give you information on your local network and speed tests, but won't give you any information on other wifi networks (channel use or signal strength).  I believe that is because Apple doesn't allow apps to get the needed information from their API.  The best you can do is look for networks in the Apple WiFi settings, and note the number of bars on each signal.

JLK007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am running iOS. I do have full bars.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JLK007 wrote:

I am running iOS. I do have full bars.

Than that's all you can do on the phone.  If you have a laptop you can take to the camera location, there are some free tools that might give you some more wifi info.  But you say that when it is non-responsive to motion, you can still do a live view.  If that is consistently true, then I think it's unlikely to be your wifi.

The next time it happens, it might be good to go to the camera location and move to the same position you are using for the motion detection test.  That could give clear confirmation that it is non-responsive.  Then try the live view, and confirm that it succeeds.

@Mark-V or @JamesC might have some other troubleshooting ideas.

It would be good if Arlo support skipped over the wifi analytics app in their troubleshooting for iOS, since there really aren't any.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation