Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Mpaddock
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a total of seven Arlo Pro 2 cameras connected to the Arlo Base Station. I purchased the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight and it will not connect to the Base Station or directly through WiFi. The Base Station firmware is updated and the WiFi meets the standards given in the app. When I try to connect the floodlight to the QR code, the device does not recognize it nor will it connect through the sync option through WiFi. The blue lights for syncing appear, but it does not connect in any way. I waited on hold for 2.5 hours trying to speak with a representative, but no answer. I also had a chat with online support and they referred me to call the customer service number. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mpaddock,

Try factory resetting the floodlight by pressing and holding the sync button on your camera for 15+ seconds. After resetting, try going through the installation process again, do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Mpaddock
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I am still experiencing the same issues. I cannot get the Floodlight to recognize the QR code. I have tried using different devices and followed the promptings on the app (changing the brightness, moving the device at different angles). None of these steps work.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Might be fastest to swap at the store.

CRH721
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issue. Turns out my base station is not compatible, but it won’t let me connect it directly (by passing base station) anyone know if that’s possible?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What steps have you already taken? Have you read the troubleshooting FAQs here in the support area for the floodlight camera? We will need all details to be able to try to help.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@CRH721 wrote:
I’m having the same issue. Turns out my base station is not compatible...

What is this base station?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Mbianchini
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue. It actually worked for a few weeks and then stopped. Removed it and tried to add it back but it will not scan the QR code and just intermittently flashes blue. Arlo’s customer service is useless. Short of returning it to the store, has anyone had any success reconnecting?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Has your trouble shootng taken in a full reset?

Press the reset button until you see a quick sequence of pink flashes. Maybe 10 to 15 seconds, I've forgotten. 

It may then start the steadily blue flash sequence, or you may have to remove the battery and press it briefly again to get that going.

Good luck. These are expensive toys to have to faff around with.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
ast777st
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. No one seems to have an answer.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ast777st,

If a factory reset does not resolve the issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

ast777st
Aspirant
Aspirant

The light will not reset. It won't do anything except blink blue every 10-15 secs. I have contacted support but have not heard back.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation