Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight - not recording after dusk

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Andoverkirchner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought this Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight, thinking it would help protect us during the night hours when ne'er-do-wells are roaming the neighborhood, vandalizing and riffling through vehicles. Well, the first 2 days it was set up, the alerts were going off like crazy on my app. I actually silenced my phone b/c it was driving me a little batty. Every car, person, bike rider, dog walker, etc. I thought this was GREAT! I'm going to know what's going on when I don't have eyes on the street. Well, on the 3rd day I stopped getting alerts, even in the daylight hours. And I have never received an alert for anything/anyone after dusk. So, what's the point of having the camera for security if it doesn't record nighttime action? I have the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight and the Solar Panel. Which shows my battery power at 100 percent.  Now for the second time, I'm getting a notification that "Your Arlo device appears offline. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to the Internet."  Well, I haven't done anything that would take it offline and it's mounted too high for somebody to mess with it, so that's the problem? I've had this barely a week ... OOPS! Just as I'm typing this, it mysteriously came back online.  I'm highly disappointed in this product. What can be done to make it pick up overnight activity? I haven't changed any manufacturer settings and don't have it on a schedule or anything out of the ordinary.  Please help if you can! Thanks!  PS, I don't have a SmartHub and this is the only camera we have; didn't want to purchase a whole outfit and then be disappointed with the money spent.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Andoverkirchner wrote:

Now for the second time, I'm getting a notification that "Your Arlo device appears offline. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to the Internet." 

The floodlight will trigger at night, but there will be no notifications or recordings if it isn't connected to your internet.  The battery will also drain faster if the internet connection drops frequently (though the solar panel should help with that).

• What signal strength are you seeing when it is online?
  • About how far away is the camera from the nearest home WiFi access point (router, extender, mesh satellite, etc)?
  • What is between the camera and that access point (concrete wall, brick, wood, chimney, etc)? 

Andoverkirchner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply. The Arlo is always connected to the Internet. We don't turn the Internet off and on unless we are doing a reboot. The camera is mounted on the facia right outside the window where our router is sitting and the signal strength always shows a full green bar. The distance is about 15 feet from router to the mounted camera. Outside a window.

I just don't understand why it was working like gangbusters for about 2 days and then all the sudden it's not. My thought is to Restart it, but we have to get out the big ladder so it's troublesome to get to. That's why we bought the Solar Panel for charging b/c it would be difficult to change out batteries.

I'm hoping this can be resolved? It's disheartening to have it fail so quickly.  Seriously thinking about returning it to the store b/f the 30 day return policy is up.

Again, thanks for your input.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation