Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
dasmaster
Guide
Guide
I have over a dozen arlo products, they all work fine except the floodlight pro 3 camera. It has a constant, annoying, static/distortion noise, sounds like data transmitting possibly. I returned the camera to Best Buy, bought another one, and it does the EXACT same thing. None of my other 12 cameras (all on the same WiFi network) have this problem. But this is the only pro 3 floodlight camera I have. Should I return the floodlight camera and get a THIRD one? Or should I just saw forget it and just get the ultra 2 instead?
48 REPLIES 48
RachelleT71
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo sent me the wrong camera.  A few days later I received the correct product.  

I charged the replacement camera, installed it and the problem still remains.  I am done with it.  I am just not going to purchase any other flood light cameras.  I am going to check out Blink.  

Jonschwan
Aspirant
Aspirant

1686166367320.jpeg

I see I’m beating the same dead horse since 2020 with the static. I just bought my Arlo 3 Floodlight, wireless, today. Installed, static is there. I tried everything suggested that I’ve read and it still does it. Very upset since I researched this unit to death before buying, all great reviews. Guess I should’ve come to the forums first. After 3 years Arlo still can’t solve it. Sounds like a social media campaign is in order to make future purchasers aware. #arlopro3floodlight

Cofeeh
Aspirant
Aspirant

how do you take the battery out of a Arlo Pro spotlight? I’m still having these same issues as everyone else and there still appears to be NO solution. This is nuts. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cofeeh wrote:

how do you take the battery out of a Arlo Pro spotlight? I’m still having these same issues as everyone else and there still appears to be NO solution. This is nuts. 

Can you confirm the camera model?  Go into the app, select support, and then the camera.  Scroll down to the product id, and tell us what it says.

Also, does your camera use the total security mount?  That comes with a key/wrench that you use to detach the camera from the mount.

Cofeeh
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMC 2030, Arlo essential spotlight. It comes off the mount. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cofeeh wrote:

VMC 2030, Arlo essential spotlight. It comes off the mount. 

This mount???

Cofeeh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cofeeh wrote:

Yes

Are you screwing in the sleeve as far as it goes, and then screwing in the camera all the way?  Then unscrewing the sleeve until you get a tight fit.

Cofeeh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. What does that have to do with static sounds? 

Neokteom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not correct. I have an another type of mount.

And the problem also occurs when I take the camera out of the mount for charging etc..

Turning the mike off helps. Must be an interference problem.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cofeeh wrote:

Yes. What does that have to do with static sounds? 

Nothing.  But you said  in your earlier post.  "It comes off the mount."  I was thinking that meant it was falling off.  Looking that the history again, it was in reply to my followup to your first post asking about removing the battery.

To complete the answer to your first post - you don't have a Pro camera.  The battery is totally sealed in your Essential, so it cannot be removed.

Many folks have reported static on their Pro 3 Floodlight cameras (which was the original topic on this thread).  But you don't own that camera.  You could try removing the camera from your account, and then re-adding it, and see if that helps.  That process is supposed to reset the camera.

Cofeeh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got that it’s not the exact same camera, but it’s the exact same issue. Hoping Arlo does something about it. It worked perfectly for 2(?) years and only recently started doing this. Internet router location nor the location of the 3 cameras that do it have moved. 

Arlolowit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem with mine. It’s not router distance or how it’s connected to power and it’s not wind because it also happens after I bring it inside. It’s been like this since day 1

Cofeeh
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s what made me quit using Arlo. Why pay the money for something that doesn’t work?! 

Smclause1
Tutor
Tutor
Spoiler

So I am now having this same issue. I had the pro 3 floodlight for a few years and it worked great.. until the noise started. I thought it was due to age and weather, so I bought a new one. The new one is making the noise as well. Returned that one and bought a 3rd one. Still making the noise. Tried a few, but no solution had worked yet 

MylesK
Initiate
Initiate

It was a great idea that was poorly executed.

We need people to stop buying these cameras so Arlo is forced to either discontinue or update the camera. 

If you can return the ones you have, I would. And to all that read this, do the same. 

Cofeeh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I drove over mine with a car and threw them away. But it would have been funny to return that! 😂 

AJMcDaddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this same issue with both of my recently purchase floodlight cameras. Have tried everything suggested here without any success. It's terrible that this was reported over a year ago and it hasn't been fixed.

RPy
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem as everyone else. Makes static-y noise and it is a clear issue. 

ChrisW_aus
Initiate
Initiate

I have this issue too. I have 4 Arlo Ultra 2 cameras with perfect audio. My Pro 3 floodlight camera has constant static and distortion in the audio. Arlo have sent me two replacement cameras which have the same problem. It must be an inherent design issue which they are unable (or unwilling) to resolve.

RPy
Tutor
Tutor

I bought a second floodlight for a different area. Same thing except even with shutting off the mic it would self trigger on noise. Arlo reached out and I sent them video. Got nothing helpful back.

So it seems that all of my Arlo cams and doorbells were a mix of software and hardware problems (2 Floodlights and the Gen2 doorbell that wouldn’t work with Hub). They have all since been recycled and I have moved on from Arlo.  I don’t expect perfect products but this many people with the same issues are pretty indicative of a more widespread problem. Good luck to the rest of y’all. 

meadler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem started a month ago with several of the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlights. I have 7 and 3 of them are having issues. Also having problems with the Arlo Doorbell 2nd Generation where the visitor cannot hear us when we speak through the phone.

Finngalkn
Tutor
Tutor

Still a problem?

Both my Arlo floodlight cameras have this problem.

it must be possible to work around this in the software…

Securemyplace
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve got the same problem as everyone else. Static on both of my Floodlight Pro 3’s. 
I’ve tried every fix. I spent four hours last time trying to fix. 
Why won’t Arlo respond? Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera 

Discussion stats