Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Truth2121
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight (H4) that is connected to the Arlo Pro/Pro 2 base station (VMB 4500r2) and uses a solar panel.  The battery doesn't last long at all.  The longest it will last is one week.  The floodlight is located in an area with direct sunlight.  I have reset the camera and make sure the solar panel is connected to the floodlight and the motion sensitivity and light are on the lowest setting.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Truth2121 wrote:

I have an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight (H4) ... The battery doesn't last long at all.  The longest it will last is one week.

That is unusual, as it has a really big battery.

About how many minutes of video are streamed each day?  Note that if you use activity zones, you need to remove them in order to estimate the amount of video streaming.

Also, how much is the floodlight being used?

Do you see any connection issues?  (video corruption, failure to live stream, ...).

FWIW, my own Pro 3 Floodlight battery lasts a lot longer (4 months anyway, though I don't track it very carefully).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Truth2121 wrote:

I have an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight (H4) ... The battery doesn't last long at all.  The longest it will last is one week.

That is unusual, as it has a really big battery.

About how many minutes of video are streamed each day?  Note that if you use activity zones, you need to remove them in order to estimate the amount of video streaming.

Also, how much is the floodlight being used?

Do you see any connection issues?  (video corruption, failure to live stream, ...).

FWIW, my own Pro 3 Floodlight battery lasts a lot longer (4 months anyway, though I don't track it very carefully).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation