Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
VeronikaTMoore
Tutor
Tutor

We have just setup a Pro 3 spotlight camera connected to a VMB4000 base station which also has 4 other cameras (Pro 2). We have the monthly plan - Smart Premier with 4 cameras out of 10 currently on the plan.

We cancelled the 3 month trial subscription provided and tried to add this new camera to the existing plan with these results:

1.. IOS app, no option to manage cameras available.

2. Android app, manage cameras shows the existing and the new device and requests to drag the entry for the new camera, but tried to move the camera entry onto a blank line that says drag a camera here to include it into your plan, that is just doing nothing for the Pro 3 spotlight.

3. My arlo portal using Firefox on Mac same result as Android app, cannot add camera to the subscription, just not possible to drag. I will try again but this time with a mouse attached

2 REPLIES 2
VeronikaTMoore
Tutor
Tutor

Mouse control on the site does nothing.

Please confirm if I am right here.

The Arlo Smart Premier subscription supports up to 10 cameras but it seems you cannot add any camera that supports more than 1080p resolution, the change plan option shows a plan cannot Premier that supports 2k but only for 5 devices and then next plan supports 20 devices more than we never need.

Looks like I need to change the plan and get a separate plan for any new cemera we add after that,

VeronikaTMoore
Tutor
Tutor

This has been resolved, seems you do need to change the plan from Arlo Smart Premier 10 camera to Premier with 5 cameras and the floodnight got automatically added.

As for payment - I was billed only for the difference between our existing plan and the updated plan which is correct.

If we add further camera we need to change the plan yet again, nice of the app and the site not to explain this clearly.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation