Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Any suggestions to receive 2k video from a Floodlight Pro 3 with an existing advanced business plan?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
harris2033
Follower
Follower
I currently have a business plan (Advanced) with 13 cameras at two locations with two hubs.

I recently bought a Pro 3 Floodlight and am still in the 3 month smart subscription trial period. Once the trial is over, it looks like I can just add it to my advanced business plan. However, just adding it to my current plan it seems to only be able to record in 1080p and not have the smart detection features. 

Is there any way I can add a single camera plan to record 2k or even a completely separate "Smart" Subscription? I know the Smart plans only support up to 5 cameras, but that's fine as long as I can have two separate accounts and still see and record everything from my phone. I will probably end up adding more Pro 3 or Ultra Cameras down the line. 

Lastly, is the difference in 1080p vs 2K really that much of a difference when it comes to these? Would not having the smart features be the bigger deal if my only choice is to add it to my business plan?

Thanks for any input, I appreciate the help!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Based on the following link, business plans only get 1080p recordings:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlo-for-business/default.aspx

The Smart add-ons don't seem to provide higher resolutions, at least it's not mentioned.

The difference between 1080p and 2k could be considered marginal. 1920x1080 compared to 2560x1440 is significant but not huge. Of course, it depends on what cameras you're comparing since the floodlight covers a wider area than many others, leading to each  pixel covering a smaller area so the higher resolution could be useful.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation