Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alternative to Dusk to Dawn sensor

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Jasonm47
Aspirant
Aspirant
Suggestion: would love to set a schedule for flood light activation instead of using the dusk to dawn sensor. It’s getting dark early and when kids and pets are outside at 7, 8 or 9 PM I don’t need the flood lights going on and off constantly. Right now, it appears my only option is to disarm the cameras which I don’t want to do either. Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pent
Guide
Guide

I had a very similar problem and this is what I did as a compromise:

- Create a rule "Floodlight Off" that still records video when motion is detected but does not turn the floodlight on or activate the siren

- Create another rule "Floodlight On" that records video along with turning on the floodlight when motion is detected.

- Use the schedule mode to set the "Floodlight Off" mode between the hours of 7pm - 12am. And from the hours of 12:30am to 6am set the "Floodlight On" mode.

This way you always get recordings, but your floodlight won't be constantly going on and off when your neighbors are coming home from work, going on evening walks, getting food delivered, etc.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
pent
Guide
Guide

I had a very similar problem and this is what I did as a compromise:

- Create a rule "Floodlight Off" that still records video when motion is detected but does not turn the floodlight on or activate the siren

- Create another rule "Floodlight On" that records video along with turning on the floodlight when motion is detected.

- Use the schedule mode to set the "Floodlight Off" mode between the hours of 7pm - 12am. And from the hours of 12:30am to 6am set the "Floodlight On" mode.

This way you always get recordings, but your floodlight won't be constantly going on and off when your neighbors are coming home from work, going on evening walks, getting food delivered, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation