Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

zero support for none subscribers/what happened to my 7 days free cloud storage?

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
kme
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is zero support for customers who are non-subscribers.  I bought the Arlo Pro 2 because they came with free 7 day cloud storage, but now it only does 5 days...I cannot get an answer as to why because there is no option to talk to a real person.  Anyone out there know why the free cloud storage has changed???

16 REPLIES 16
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kme wrote:

Anyone out there know why the free cloud storage has changed???

Subscriptions for cloud storage are required for the newer cameras (starting with the Ultra back in 2018). 

But it hasn't changed for the older cameras (including the Pro 2).  Arlo still provides the 7-day cloud storage for them.  Can you confirm the camera model? 

kme
Aspirant
Aspirant
Model Numbers are: VMC4030P (total of 5 Cameras) These are all Arlo Pro 2 cameras. All five have gone from 7 days of free cloud storage to 5 days of cloud storage. This is one of the reasons I did not go with the newer models; the free 7 day cloud storage was too good to pass up. However, it seems as if they are going to slowly reduce the amount of free storage days....not cool.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Can I suggest that this might be an arlo server issue.

If you have a subscription you’re entitled to contact arlo support to have it rectified.
With out subscription your not entitled to have the issue reported as a fault.

Likely you will need to wait for a paying customer.

As they say in the business, a fault is only a fault when the customer refuses to pay the bill.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kme wrote:
However, it seems as if they are going to slowly reduce the amount of free storage days....not cool.

I don't think they are doing that (at least not intentionally).

Can you restart the base, and then keep an eye on it for a few more days, so you can confirm the 5-day retention?  Then post back, and tag one of the mods with the @ - @JamesC or @ShayneS 

kme
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve turned off the base station for an entire day and also disconnected and reconnected each camera. No luck.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kme wrote:
I’ve turned off the base station for an entire day and also disconnected and reconnected each camera. No luck.

Of course anything already deleted won't be restored.  Have you waited long enough to see more files deleted?

kme
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I’ve waited long enough to have up to 7 days of recordings after everything was restored. I’ve been dealing with this for the past few months…5 days is just fine, but just wondering why I’m not getting 7 like I used to.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kme wrote:
 just wondering why I’m not getting 7 like I used to.

As I said, perhaps @JamesC or @ShayneS will follow up.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've not seen other reports of this issue...Have you checked the library using the mobile app and the web client? Do both show the same thing?

JamesC

kme
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve read through at least 2 other community message threads regarding this same issue. That is where I started hoping to find a solution…but no one seems to have one.
Dannybear
Master
Master
The settings for the duration of cloud storage for your account is on the arlo backend server which is invisible to the user. This would only be updated when you change your subscription plan such as updating subscription for 30days.
You could try creating a new arlo account, remove camera and base from old account, factory reset camera and base and add fresh to the new account.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kme,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this issue.

JamesC

Edgardinho27
Initiate
Initiate

I am also having this same issue base station (vbm4000r3). Now I cannot get anything to record!

Corvette_427
Aspirant
Aspirant
Totally agree with your comments regarding support.... there is none! I had credit card fraud on a card attached to my Arlo account. I cancelled the card and they kept sending me requests for a new card for the subscription. I told them I would not supply any further credit card details and would only work through Paypal..... no reply and since this subscription lapse I now notice Geofencing no longer works!!!!!!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Corvette_427,

Are you in the US? If so, PayPal is a payment option.

JamesC

Corvette_427
Aspirant
Aspirant
Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation