Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ggtaylor
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I sign in to my Arlo account and click the green arrow (to view the camera in "LIVE" mode) it either tells me it's "Timed Out" or "Device Failed to Connect, Please Try Again". I've reset the base, turned off the base, unplugged the base and done everything I can think of my end before I came here! Except I haven't tried to re-"sync" the camera's again. Dunno if that'll work..

Any idea's what's going on? 

8 REPLIES 8
Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice

Starting getting that now. Annoying. Please help people.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems to be working here just fine on Spectrum.  What ISP and where?

ggtaylor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using Cox in Oklahoma. I found that switching channels on my router helped a bit, but didn't make it like it used to be. I use to be able to click the "live" button on the camera to watch and talk to people. Now the lag is sooooo bad it's anywhere from a minute to three minutes behind. My upload speed is around 11 Mbps. I read a lot on this issue last night and it seems this has been an ongoing issue with many users/purchasers. Something about a firmware update done sometime in August. Not really sure why this is happening now. I've turned off the modem to my ISP, turned off my modem and turned off the base station to Arlo for several hours to get rid of the "catched" crap. That didn't work. I re-synced my cameras. That didn't work. This all leads me to believe its a firmware issue. And, Arlo, doesn't give a crap. 

Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice
Any better ggtaylor?
ggtaylor
Aspirant
Aspirant

A little. It still glitches when trying to talk or hear someone; lags too. I think changing "channels" on my router helped, but I shouldn't have to do that. I've changed channels 3 times. As of now, it's as good as it's gonna get. Like I said; Arlo clearly doesn't give a crap. 

Thanks for asking, though. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ggtaylor

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

Kirsten_B
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same problem. I can connect fine using my phone on the same WiFi but Google Chrome on my laptop keeps returning this error!

Such a pain as I like to chromecast my Baby Monitor to the TV so I can get things done!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Kirsten_B

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link below for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation