Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"It's time to charge the battery" but camera works

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JasonDimF
Star
Star
Hi support and all,
before my post I read all other posts for a possible solution. But none of the aforementioned worked for me.
Among other things:
I reset the base at least twice.
Removed battery from camera and paired again.
Left it with no battery for at least 15 mins.
Pressed pairing button as described ("click" etc...)
Also I removed the battery from the camera and connected the power supply. Camera worked but after a few seconds message was back on the screen.
BUT nothing worked.
Surprisingly, despite the fact I see the error message on the screen the camera works . Can arm it or disarm it and captures motion and sound. Sends video to the cloud and blah blah blah.
In device view however tbe camera shows the error again.
please note that after resetting the Base the camera displayed 100% battery.. Then it suddenly shows the same messageb
What
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have more than one camera?

If you do, try swapping the batteries and see if the problem moves with the battery (or not).

JasonDimF
Star
Star

HI Stephen

I will do. In the meantime let me share some additional info with the community:

1) Error appears on mobile only

2) Even when the error appears the camera works fine. Motion, sound detection and recording all work well

3) If I remove the battery and leave the camera on wired power supply, error comes up again.

4) Error  dissapears and comes back again

It is worth noting that when I access the web interface at  my.arlo.com and access the same camera there is no error. Battery appears full and works as normal.

I have the latest App version (released a few days ago) and Android 9 on a Samsung S9+ (high end phone) all updated. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JasonDimF wrote:

It is worth noting that when I access the web interface at  my.arlo.com and access the same camera there is no error. Battery appears full and works as normal.

I have the latest App version (released a few days ago) and Android 9 on a Samsung S9+ (high end phone) all updated. 

That could be an app bug then. @JamesC , is this an issue that needs more investigation?

JasonDimF
Star
Star

I will swap the camera battery with the other one just to eliminate this scenario also. I read somewhere that swaping the batteries may help. I doubt it will in this case...but does not cost a thing to try. Will know in the next couple of days. Have to get the 2nd camera back from a friend. 

Other than that... I also think it's a bug in the App. Happy to help resolve it. 

JasonDimF
Star
Star

Hi all,

error still occurs. Here is the latest and a summary of what I noticed so far:

• for the last couple of days the error did not appear. 
  • my.arlo.com web stream works fine. Battery indication works fine.
  • I swapped the battery with that of another camera and worked fine, then I put the other one back and was OK. but around 12 hrs later the error appeared again.
  • The error appears even if I remove the battery and leave the camera on wired power supply

It's important to highlight the first point. The web stream works fine. This looks like a s/w bug. Maybe. 😞

Any suggestions please? I tried everything. The camera is around 14 - 16 months "old" 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation