Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Willis37
Aspirant
Aspirant

4 Days with the Arlo Pro 2, and already lost Motion detection on 1 camera yesterday 10/17/17,and as Of today 2 others are acting up, no camera detected my wife and kids this morning from the front door camera or the garage camera. (Picked me up earlier this morning tho??).
I have a claim in for the one camera now, but I think I’m taking this thing back so far I don’t see $799.99 worth of product here.
And the customer service is another story ...
Blink is looking much better at this point!

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Willis37,

It could be an issue with positioning (camera placement/angle or range). Consider posting a screenshot from the cameras perspective so we can better understand where the cameras are located.

Also, take a look here for positioning tips to make sure you cameras are placed for best performance: How do I position my Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera, or Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free camera?

JamesC

Willis37
Aspirant
Aspirant
Didn’t get anywhere with Netgear support so I took the defective camera back to Best Buy and they replaced it for me.
No questions asked! (Unlike Netgear support) all cameras are up and running as fine so far now to deal with condensation on the lens (I have the skins with hoods and not helping at all) so I have 2cameras that are useless from around 11pm to 11am
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're letting some condensation stop you?  Use a little Rain-X or similar on the lens or possibly reposition the camera a bit so it's pointed down more.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation