Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iPhone App and Website Don't Agree About whether Base Station is Armed

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice

When i log on to the website, it shows that my 2 base stations are armed according to schedule; however, nothing is recording. When I look at the system on my iPhone app, it shows that the 2 base stations are disarmed on the schedule.

The schedule says that both stations should be armed; however, they are really disarmed and not recording.

I have restarted both base stations.

BTW, my 2 arlo Q cameras are following their schedule and recording.

Everything is up-to-date on firmware.

6 REPLIES 6
jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice

I figured it out. For some reason, it quit working with schedules that go from 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM. If I changed it to 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM, it works. The weird thing is that the default for a new schedule is 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM. Seems like they need to fix that.

I'm hoping that there is not a one minute time period that nothing is happening. Any idea?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can test to see if there's actually a 1 minute disarmed period by trying a new schedule when you're present, say 5:00PM and 5:01PM. The last I knew, the 11:59PM covers the whole minute - it doesn't stop at 11:59PM. It should stop at 12:00AM (assuming there's no mode scheduled to keep on working).

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@jguerdat wrote:

You can test to see if there's actually a 1 minute disarmed period by trying a new schedule when you're present, say 5:00PM and 5:01PM. The last I knew, the 11:59PM covers the whole minute - it doesn't stop at 11:59PM. It should stop at 12:00AM (assuming there's no mode scheduled to keep on working).

You can also do 5:00 PM to 12:00 AM.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The stop time of 12:00AM and starting at 12:00AM seems to have issues, at least for some folks. Stopping at 11:59PM and starting again at 12:00AM has worked in the past and seems to work now.

jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice

The problem I am having now is that I will program the schedule to run from 12:00 am to 11:59 pm for a given day on the website. I log out and log in on the iphone app, and it says the schedule is 12:00 am to 11:58 pm. 

If I change the program on the iPhone app to 12:00 am to 11:59 pm, then when I quit the app and go to the webiste, the program now says 12:00 am to 12:00 am, and I am back to it not recording at all that day. The schedule says it should be armed, but the app shows that it is actually disarmed during that day (which it is, because nothing is recording).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi jamesglewisf,

The Arlo Development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have further information.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation