Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

having trouble setting a mode with zone recording

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
addertay
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am having trouble setting a mode with zone recording. On page 59 of the Arlo Pro 2 manual it mentions being able to pick a zone 

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/ArloPro2/arlo_pro_2_um.pdf

I am not able to get to this in the web interface or android app. It just shows the normal motioin sensitivity for the camera. 

The camera is indoor and being used on power with 2 zones set up. 

Has anyone else ran into this?

Cheers. 

Best Wishes 

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

addertay,

For zones on Arlo Pro 2 there is no mode/rules setup required. Once you've set the zones on the Settings page, those zones will be active for motion detection when the camera is plugged in.

I will forward the manual you are referencing for correction. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you already set up the zones in Settings, My Devices, your camera, Video Settings? Zones must first be configured there and then activated in your modes. Of course, the camera must be AC powered to utilize zones.

addertay
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes I have and modes are still just showing the main motion dectection. Camera is being powered by the included charger. 

pro2a.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't see the image yet. We are talking a Pro 2 camera, right, and the camera shows it's powered?

addertay
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes. I have the 4 camera system. 3 have power and zones set up (2 zones per camera) but do not see any option to select or use zones in the mode set up

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It should be in the Detects Motin section of your rule for each powered camera. Do the cameras' battery indicators in the app/browser show that the power is supplied? If not, zones aren't available to be used.

addertay
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, all cameras have the power icon, here you can see one of the cameras showing power, the screen i get when setting the rule for the camera and just motion sensitivty for the camera. it has 2 zones set up on the camera. Does anyone have a screenshot of what it should look like? Screen Shot1.jpgScreen Shot2 .jpgScreen Shot 3.jpg

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

addertay,

For zones on Arlo Pro 2 there is no mode/rules setup required. Once you've set the zones on the Settings page, those zones will be active for motion detection when the camera is plugged in.

I will forward the manual you are referencing for correction. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

JamesC

addertay
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks JamesC

I thought i was going crazy 🙂 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation