Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
anneglynn
Follower
Follower

Some area if the system are clearer than others and is all pro 2 units. I currently have a pro 2 system.

How do I get around the missed clips of recording with my Arlo 2 system

4 REPLIES 4
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I do not understand what you want to know.

The answer to your subject " can I have pro 2 and 3 cameras on the same system"? is "Yes".

Is Arlo Pro 3 backwards compatible with my existing Arlo system?

But different hubs do different things, so this might be useful:

What is the difference between each Arlo SmartHub and base station?

This is the  bit that I don't get:

@anneglynn wrote:

How do I get around the missed clips of recording with my Arlo 2 system

Missed clips? Is this to do with events or different areas?

Remember, unlike the Pro 2 system, with Pro 3 cameras you need a paid subscription to save and access recordings on the cloud.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Danny_3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro 2 and an Arlo Pro 3 on the same base station.  When I open the app, I can choose if I want to see from any of my cameras, which includes cameras Pro 2 or Pro 3.   So, I think the answer to your question is yes.  You open up the app and select "add device", then search for the camera you are adding to the base station.  You may need to consider that each base only allows up to a certain limit of cameras.  Once you exceed that limit, you will need another base station.  The only difference you will notice is that the Pro 2 still can be setup to record without any of the monthly service plans but for the Arlo Pro 3, the free seven day storage is not included.  

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Danny_3 wrote:

You may need to consider that each base only allows up to a certain limit of cameras.  Once you exceed that limit, you will need another base station. 

Where did you read that?

I have around a dozen cameras on one base. I don't know of any limit, beyond what a network can handle.

There are limits to what you can do with a camera, such as simultaneous streaming, but that isn't the same as how many cameras a hub can accommodate.

The reason for needing a second hub/base station is usually that you have cameras that are beyond the wifi reach of a hub.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Danny_3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes you are correct.  You can have them setup on a hub but would need a second hub to do certain things, like stream all at once.  The bottom line is that there are some limitations, just need to understand if those limitations matter to you or not. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation