Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

cameras are recording every 5 minutes

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
TB23
Tutor
Tutor

My cameras are recording every 5 minutes and I have the motion sensitivity down less than 20% on all three cameras.  How do I fix this problem?

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master

Have you tried adjusting the motion sensitivity in the selected mode’s camera rules?

If the issue is wind you can disable audio triggering in the same location.

TB23
Tutor
Tutor

So do I disable my microphone on the camera?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TB23 wrote:

So do I disable my microphone on the camera?

As @Dannybear said, to into the mode and edit the camera rule.  Make sure that audio detection is disabled.

TheseCamerasSuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras also record every 5 minutes. This just started happening, or i just noticed it. I have video at 1:30, 1:35, 1:40, 1:45, 1:50, etc. This is NOT a sensitivity problem, and it is too consistent to be coincidence. They also miss the most important action very consistently. They record when there is nothing to record, sending me alerts constantly, then they miss what they SHOULD be recording. None of the problems are settings or placement related. They are garbage.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or something needs to be addressed. 

WHat are your recording settings for the camera(s) set to - a timed recording or the "record until motion stops"? Motion sensitivity can also be an issue when the sun's angle changes and its IR is reflected off various things like cars, leaves, branches, etc. that move. Many of us use different settings for times of day that cause these reflections to occur.

TheseCamerasSuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras are set to record until motion stops. They regularly capture about half the motion, and that does not explain the every 5 minutes on the nose behavior. The motion detection is simply not very good. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

STart by choosing a timed recording. Does that change anything? If so, go back to record until motion stops and check. Also, you may need to change your motion detection settings which could be triggering on reflected IR from the sun as it changes its angle. Does this happen at night also? Have you rebooted the base and reinserted to the camera batteries to get to a known state? There's no problem with detection but the implementation in your environment may need work.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation