Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Grant access not working - Friends app not showing any devices but getting alerts

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ahellard
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the Arlo Pro 2 camera for a few years. I just bought a wireless doorbell Arlo camera and added it to the system. I followed the steps to grant access to family members. We went through the full process a few times now. My app says they have accepted the invitation. Their app shows no cameras at all, BUT they get alerts from the cameras and can't see anything. This is highly frustrating. We are all using the latest updated app on our iOS devices. What can be done to solve this. If I cant solve this I have to return the doorbell cam and get ride of this Arlo system and go with something else that works. The Arlo support  bot/chat in the app is a joke and is no help whatsoever.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Is it possible that you have a different arlo app to your partner’s arlo app? I read that you say they are the same but arlo has been forcing newly created arlo account to use one that has a “Feed” label instead of “Library” which are not compatible.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account 

ahellard
Aspirant
Aspirant

We do have the same "app", but mine says Library, and theirs says "Feed". I cannot figure out how to correct this. We have each tried deleting the app and reinstalling it. When we do, we still get the same version we had before. The mind-boggling thing is that both of our app are the latest version. What is going on? How is this possible and how do I get us to use the same app? Why would Arlo make this so unproductive? Thank you for helping.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

As mentioned previously arlo has no return path to go back to using the old app experience.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062798/How-do-I-upgrade-my-Arlo-Secure-App-4-0-to-the-new-experience 

The new app is far from a polished interface so some users are disappointed that they can’t go back since arlo is forcing new granted users to use the newer interface which requires the granting account to be the same for sharing to work.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ahellard wrote:

We do have the same "app", but mine says Library, and theirs says "Feed". I cannot figure out how to correct this. 

You can migrate yours to Feed by

1. going into "add device"
  2. Adding either a Pro 5s camera or a home security system.

That will of course fail, since you don't have those devices.  But the process will migrate you to "Feed".

As @DannyBearAgain says, there is no way back to "Library" once you do this.  

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation