Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

camera that is plugged in, is sending me alerts constantly

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Thehaven
Follower
Follower

I have as much technical background to make me me dangerous! I would like to think, these "user friendly" cameras would be easy to Set up and understand. This forum,  indicates the oposite! I have 2 cameras, that have not left on my table. I cannot keep an internet connection unless he or the other  camera is plugged in. I only have

One plug in. How does that work?  And the camera that is plugged in, is sending me alerts constantly. I am not New to security cameras. I had 4 Panasonic that were completely plug and play.  No brainer. These cameras are ridiculously difficult and I've only decided to go with Arlo 2, because of the 1080 update and to integrate with my Alexis Show. Bought at Best Buy, ready to give up and pack then up.  I have spent hours and hours trying to set up.  Oh, and I keep getting a message to update the camera!! Everyday!?!?  REALLY !?!? That can not be right.  I am done trying to figure out these cameras, unless someone can help out. 

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

I understand that you are very frustrated. The regulars on this forum are very friendly and very helpful people. For those of us that have sucessfully set up and are enjoying their Arlo cameras if we understand the problems we can usually let you know if something is normal or not and can step you through the setup process, but you mus do your part. Be very specific with your questions and let us know what is working for you and what is not. To be able to help you we might need to know certain things. For example: What country are you in? Who is your internet provider? What is the make and model of your router? What ecactly did you purchase? Did you purchase a two camera kit or did you purchase them individually? What are you trying too accomplish with your system? Do you want both cameras plugged in all the time to be be able to use all the features available when alll the cameras are plugged in or will you be using the cameras on battery power? When you say you only have one plug in does that mean that you oonly have one power adapter or does it mean that you only have one power outlet on your wall? When you say that you cannot maintain an internet connection does that mean that the base station is disconnecting from the internet or does that mean that the cameras keep losing connection? What appears to be working for you and what specifically is not working as you expected? 

If you can answer a few questions specifically then I am sure that someone here can help you.

Brian

VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

Hi TheHaven,

Do you have the batteries installed in the cameras? You shouldn't need to plug in power to the cameras. For your initial setup, I'd suggest install the batteries in the two cameras and sync each camera to the base station (press the sync button on the base station 2 seconds or until the green light starts flashing, then push the synch button above the lens on one of the cameras. Wait until the blue light by the lens go solid blue. Sync the other camera. Have you signed up for an online account? If so you should start seeing images from your cameras. Then you can go about positioning your cameras. 

If your intention is to run one camera by AC power (or mains power, not sure what country you are in) then you can plug in the USB cable into the camera and run off AC/mains power. You can either leave the battery in or pop it out. On the other hand, if you leave the battery in, it will be fully charged when you need to replace the battery in the second camera.

Regarding a constant stream of alerts, are these alerts that "Arlo has detected motion on one of your cameras"? If so, you may actually have your cameras setup. What if you just position the cameras to be watching over the area under surveillance. Your movement in front of the cameras may be triggering those alerts. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

As above:
Did you insert the batteries into the cameras?
Have you read the online user manual?

Do you know how to change modes, create modes, edit rules, change motion sensitivity, change recording duration, select notifications via push or email or both or none?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation